Masjid, was built within the Kütahya Castle by Süleyman Şah, who ruled the Germiyanoğul between 1361-1387. As it is referred to as “blessed masjid” in the building inscription, it is known by many different names. Studies on Kütahya Castle so far have divided the castle into certain sections chronologically. It has been deemed appropriate to call the masjid built in the part called Yukarı Kale as the Yukarı Kale Masjid. Yukarı Kale Masjid has been repaired many times after its first construction and has largely lost its originality. The repairs were made in sizes that we can call rebuilding. However, the fact that the masjid was placed on a square base at the basic level allowed us to compare with similar examples built during the same period. As a result, it was revealed that the building was built in accordance with the general masjid architecture of the period.
Germiyanoğulları, Kütahya Castle, masjid, repair