Çiftehan is a town of Ulukışla district of Niğde province and is 30 km southeast of it. The station facility that constitutes our subject, Part of the Baghdad railway project, one of the most important reconstruction activities of the Sultan II. Abdulhamid Khan period. The station site, which is located on a land extending in the east-west direction in the center of the town, while is composed of from west to east a station building, toilet, water tank and worker building, a dwelling-house has been added recently. Construction began in 1910, opened for business in 1912. The station building is a rectangular planned two-storey building with flat ceiling and pointed barrel roof in the east-west direction. The structures within the station are among the facilities within the scope of Anatolian-Baghdad Railways in terms of their characteristics, and are among the prominent examples of German-type projects, and thus are the works that exhibit the German-Turkish eclectic features of its period. It also played an important role in the urbanization of the town following the period and also it has been the main factor in the development of the surrounding settlement over time. Çiftehan station is the last station facility of central Anatolia geographically and for this reason it is a gate of railways opening to the Mediterranean. In our study, besides the introduction of the plan, material and architectural features of each work one by one, it is aimed to determine its importance in Turkish architecture with a comprehensive comparison and evaluation.
Çiftehan, Train Station, Railway, Architecture.